BOINGO-TOBER 5 KICKS OFF! - TWO VERSIONS THIS YEAR, ONE USUAL AND ONE TUMBLR - THE HORROR

Greetings all - In April of 1991 I took a picture of myself leaning down against the back of my brand new red Honda CRX (anyone remember those?) with a license plate OINGOBO clearly visible next to my smiling face. After it was developed (remember that?) I taped the picture to a piece of blank white copy paper and drew a circle around it and wrote in big letters "L.A.'s biggest Boingo fan" and under it "you need to have me on your show." and faxed it over to KROQ & Richard Blade. The response was fast, a day or two at most and next thing I knew I was sitting next to Richard Blade and spinning tunes with him on his lunchtime show as "LA.s biggest Boingo fan." It was so much fun and I must have gotten 25 calls the whole rest of the afternoon from friends, "we heard you on the radio" blah blah.  

My love affair with the band started back in 1979 when I was a music major at Los Angeles City College. Lots of other friends around at that time, a lot of them very talented, are no longer with us.
The rest is history and I'm not a great writer so let's talk about this year's celebration!

TWO VERSIONS
ONE - The usual version here at THOH with one post a day mixed in with all the other posts. That's right, one Boingo post every day for 31 days.
TWO - For the first time, a simultaneous Tumblr blog called "boingotober" , more of a streaming consciousness kind of thing will multiple posts daily. The daily post from THOH will appear on both versions and it probably goes without saying that the Tumblr version is for the hardcore Boingo fans that do not wish to navigate the treacherous waters of THOH.

Both versions will feature as always- stories, reviews, photos, links, unofficial live recordings, outtakes and more. From one Boingo fan to another, I sincerely hope u enjoy...The Horror!!
THE SHEER HORROR!!