TURDS DAY WITH THE "CALL OF THE WILD"! - 1972 CHARLTON HESTON KLONDIKE ADVENTURE HORROR

This European production filmed in Finland about the Klondike gold rush stars Charlton Heston and is cut from one strange cloth. Terrible dubbing and awful acting (even Heston seems out of form, he later denounced this film literally asking people not to see it) add to the strangeness not to mention editing. However the film is not completely without merit. We are talking about a Jack London story remember and authentic or not, the mountain locations are gorgeous and photography not bad. Using my Pinewoods Rating System, I give Call Of The Wild an adequate Two Pinewoods.....The Horror!!

The Call of the Wild (1972)

'The Call of the Wild' is a strange movie, it seriously alienated me within the first 20 minutes and I was quite disgusted by what I watched, it struggled to win me back during the middle section but by the end I had strangely become engrossed in the storyline.

The Call of the Wild (1972)

Although hampered by the bad dubbing found in so many European productions from the early '70s, this grimy adaptation of Jack London's classic novel has admirable qualities. The movie adheres to London's narrative by making a dog the lead character, even though Charlton Heston gets top billing for playing a sled driver-turned-prospector who becomes the dog's kindest owner.

THE HORROR!!