RICHARD WIDMARK IS DEAD SET ON CAPTURING AN ENEMY SUB IN 1963's "THE BEDFORD INCIDENT"!

A fiery captain played by Richard Widmark. A talented photojournalist played by Sidney Pottier. And an affable doctor played by Martin Balsam in this excellent Cold War drama from 1963. The ending is not what you would normally expect with this and thumbs way up on that. You can read some real reviews below, using our Pinewoods Rating System it is awarded a strong Three & 3/4 Pinewoods....The Horror!!

Movie review: 'The Bedford Incident'

"The Bedford Incident" is a sublime, intricate Cold War thriller that doesn't have to rely on special effects (they're good for the day, but not the focus of the film) or action in a military setting. It is pure drama with subplots. Here is an exceptional film by a director who knows how to utilize...

Reeling Backward: "The Bedford Incident" (1965)

Here's something that occasionally happens, and I'm not sure if it speaks well or ill of me. I'll start watching a movie, usually a classic one, that I think I've never seen. After a while -- sometimes as much as halfway through -- I'll start to realize that I have watched it before, and somehow banished the experience from memory.

THE HORROR!!
THE HORROR!!