IT'S THE "ISLAND CLAWS", RUN FOR YOUR LIFE! - 1980 B-FLICK BARRY NELSON COKED OUT - THE HORROR!

You can file this one under O for obscure, ya dig? Island Claws, one of the many blatant Jaws rip-off movies which numbered the hundreds, here we have your basic worthless piece of crap. The one most recognizable star Barry Nelson looks like he's hung over, coked out, or both. He still manages to turn in something slightly resembling a performance but it truly horrifying to think that he shot this within 6-12 months of The Shining. A couple of real reviews follow, both from recommended blogs- here at THOH, using my Pinewoods Rating System, Island Claws just barely slips in with 1/2 Of A Pinewood....The Horror!!

Island Claws (1980)

'A terrifying creation of the nuclear age!' Island Claws - aka Giant Claws - is a 1980 American horror film directed by Herman Cardenas and starring Robert Lansing (4D Man; Empire of the Ants; The Nest), Steve Hanks, Barry Nelson (The Shining) and Nita Talbot.

The Gentlemen's Blog to Midnite Cinema: Island Claws (1980)

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: I'm not a humongous fan of seafood.Outside of the occasional piece of salmon or Chilean sea bass, it's just not for me.Having said that, I did used to like going crabbing as a boy.When my family went to the shore for

THE ABSOLUTE HORROR!!