TWO HORRIFIC DEEP PURPLE COVERS! - STRANGE KIND OF WOMAN & WRING THAT NECK - HORRIFIC!

Ritchie in Switzerland '72. I don't think anyone holds an
axe with as much authority, recommended blog 
Reading Between The Grooves just started a new
series on Purple covers, first two below, enjoy!
(They're both kick-ass!)

Reading between the Grooves

It's day two of our look at Deep Purple covers that I call "Charades of Deep Purple." During this week, we'll be listening to covers that amazingly sound close to the original recordings as well new arrangements of these classic Deep Purple cuts.

Reading between the Grooves

I had quite a few positive comments regarding my last month's Second Week Special, "Rolling Clones" - a look at covers of Rolling Stones' tunes. I've decided to do it again with another great rock group: Deep Purple. As a play on the title of their debut LP "Shades of Deep Purple," I've decided to call it "Charades of Deep Purple."
The Horror!!