THE CLASH open up for The Who at LOS ANGELES COLISEUM 1982 another great concert memory at age of 20, got an article i wrote here plus soundboard audio from show, THE HORROR I say, THE HORROR!!

AND I WAS THERE!! So, here we go with another concert memory for ya. In 1982, my buddy and I went to see what was supposed to have been the final Who concert at the Los Angeles Coliseum on October 29th, 1982. Everybody knew The Clash was going to be the opening act and there was this whole thing about the all new music coming out at the time and a passing of the baton from one great English band to another.

I remember that for a place that size, we had pretty damn good standing position, there were no seats, it was general admission. We were probably about 15 feet from the stage just a tad left of center. T-Bone Burnett opened the show with a full band which was also my first time hearing him, he had just put out the Trap Door EP and did all those songs as well as stuff from Tooth Decay. There were a lot of punks with mohawks that had made their way to the very front center. There was a bit of a wait before the Clash finally came on. I also remember their manager coming out and making this very dramatic introduction of the band. And the show was on!

I also distinctly remember Mick Jones was wearing all black, almost a western kind of outfit. The band was in great form as you'll hear on this soundboard recording I tracked down through one of my regular traders. They basically machine-gunned 14 of their great songs, one after another, and really had the crowd enthralled. The other thing that really stands out in my mind was their stance on stage. This band really knew who they were, and it showed on their faces and body language. They were there on a mission, they were there to deliver their message and they were really the "only band that ever mattered." I feel exceptionally proud and blessed to have been there that day. It goes without saying that I was a hardcore Clash fan from that day forward and still am!

LONDON CALLING
POLICE ON MY BACK
GUNS OF BRIXTON
THIS IS RADIO CLASH
SPANISH BOMBS
ROCK THE CASBAH
THE MAGNIFICENT SEVEN>ARMAGIDEON TIME
JANIE JONES
TRAIN IN VAIN
TOMMY GUN
CLAMPDOWN
BRAND NEW CADILLAC
SHOULD I STAY OR SHOULD I GO?
I FOUGHT THE LAW

fairly decent soundboard recording, enjoy!

The Horror!!