TALKING HEADS SUN DAY NIGHT! - REVISITING THE HORROR KNOWN AS 1992'S "UH-OH" BYRNE SOLO

Concert memory time again. I've seen Byrne two times, both in Santa Barbara, a city which absolutely adores him. The year this came out I got tickets to see him at the SB Bowl and went alone but landed up meeting a real cool lady before concert time and we sat together. Bryne came out with an acoustic guitar and opened with a version of Psycho Killer. He then went on to do about 6 more tunes new and old, so I'm sittin' there thinking okay I didn't know this was an acoustic show but who cares with this performance. About the time I was thinking that very thought, in mid-song, the curtain behind him tore down and I mean like whoooosh and there behind him was this 15-piece jazz band. the cats he had done the album with. After another two hours of great stuff, the guy came back for count em, 4, yes 4 encores. amazing show....The Horror!! Original 1992 reviews by ET and People mags follow.

Uh-Oh | EW.com

In pop music, as in romance, you can be punished for loving something so much you want to make it your own. David Byrne learned that bitter lesson with his 1989 Rei Momo, songs written in the Latin styles he'd come to love, set against typically off-kilter lyrics.

Picks and Pans Review: Uh-Oh

David Byrne "People say that I am crazy, people say that I am strange/ I don't care about what people say, they can't see inside my brain." That's Talking Heads' David Byrne singing on this, his second solo album. He's right-he is crazy and strange.

THE SHEER HORROR!!