SAY HELLO TO "STANLEY" THE MAN WHO TALKS TO SNAKES! - 1972 B-MOVIE A SHEER & UTTER HORROR

Chris Robinson? Say what?! - Been wanting to eyeball this flick for some time now and it finally washed up on my shore via a Millcreek box set. Stanley's not a bad guy really. He just likes to train his rattlesnakes to handle some of his more challenging affairs, act as enforcement sort to speak. This one has it all for b-movie lovers, especially the whole 70's vibe that pervades throughout. To add to the fun is yet another exciting performance from Alex Rocco who's really over the top as the bad guy here. Using my Pinewoods Rating System, 'Stanley' gets Two & 3/4 Pinewoods, the highest possible award for a B-movie.....The Horror!!

The Horror Effect: Stanley (1972): Snakes in a pool

When I read the synopsis for Stanley, I was immediately intrigued. Seminole Indian Tim, who also happens to be a 'Nam vet, has isolated himself from society with only the accompaniment of his pet snakes. When local white men begin hunting the snakes to fashion their skin into belts, Tim teaches them a lesson with the help of his best-friend, Stanley...and Stanley is a rattlesnake.

The Haunted Closet: Woman Bites Head Off Snake! (Stanley, 1972)

With Thanksgiving fast approaching, I thought I'd share one (silly and frivolous) thing I can be thankful for this year, which is having finally tracked down the source of the above image of a woman biting the head off a live snake, an image that has haunted me since I first happened upon it on television one Saturday morning, at least 30 years ago.

THE HORROR!!