AVERAGE WHITE BAND 1976! - REVISITING THE OFFICIAL LIVE "PERSON TO PERSON" - THE HORROR!!

At the wonderfully impressionable age of 13 I trounced into a Sam Goody's record store (anyone remember those?) in Queens, NY and asked the man at the counter if they had any AWB and to do this day I can still see the look on his face as he proceeded to tell me he had just that morning put out copies of their brand new double live album. Shortly after peeling me off the ceiling, he led me to this album. It's one that I like to find my way back to, along with Soul Searching, the studio album this tour was from. The following year at age 14 I started Hollywood High and they played the Hollywood Paladium. A great time in this band's career....The Horror!!
"The real prize of this collection is an 18-minute version of the Average White Band's biggest hit, the instrumental "Pick Up the Pieces." After the expected solos from the studio version by saxophonists Roger Ball and Malcolm "Molly" Duncan, McIntyre, Stuart, Gorrie, and Ferrone take extended leads in this masterpiece of editing -- the track actually features different versions from four concert halls, all spliced together so that each musician could have the solo of his choice represented. A few walk-through versions ("T.L.C.," "School Boy Crush," and the Marvin Gaye hit "Heard It Through the Grapevine") away from being a classic, Person to Person still shows what a great live act this underrated band was in its heyday." - All Music


THE HORROR!!