RUN FOR YOUR LIVES, IT'S THE "MASTER OF THE WORLD"! - 1961 VINCENT PRICE SCI-FI IS A HORROR

Early Charles Bronson, The Horror!! - Greetings folks as we launch into a mini-blog-a-thon this weekend including Tommy's Top 5 Horrific Summer Beach Movies. Thanks to the lame but somewhat reliable You Tube robots, this one washed up on my shore and a horrific one it is! Vincent Price plays the captain of the almighty Albatross, a splendid piece of machinery indeed. With just the possible exception of the majorly lame windows in the set supposed to be at front of ship, everything about this one is fun and the genius of Jules Verne and his story are given great justice. If you want to read a real review see below and using my Pinewoods Rating System award the Master Of The World and all it's accoutrements a worthy Three Pinewoods....The Horror!! 

Master of the World

I gotta admit, I'm not exactly up on the whole "Steampunk" thing. I mean, I'd seen it in various movies, but never really made the association. Like when I saw the Will Smith abomination known as "Wild Wild West," I didn't think "oh, look at the cool steampunk," I thought, "a giant mechanical spider...really?"

Film Review: Master Of The World (1961)

SYNOPSIS: "In Morgantown Pennsylvania in 1868, the local residents hear a booming voice coming from the local mountain, the Great Eyrie. John Strock from the Department of the Interior is tasked with finding out just what is happening there and approaches Philip Evans for the use of his balloon which would allow him to view ...

THE HORROR!!