'VANILLA SKY' AT 15! - TOM CRUISE SURREAL ODYSSEY INTO THE PSYCHE REMINDS US THAT...

EACH PASSING  MINUTE IS ANOTHER CHANCE TO TURN IT ALL AROUND
A true love-it or hate-it kind of film, I'm sure y'all
know which camp I probably fall in. For every
person that has ever watched Vanilla Sky and
sat with glazed eyes saying something like
"Wahh wuz Dat aboutttt," I offer the following
quick observations cause this ain't no editorial
type blog, especially up here at the misty mtn
1 - The explanation and meaning of the film can
be summed up in one phrase of dialog repeated
about 3 times during the film - "Each passing
minute is another chance to turn it all around,"
ya dig me? Groovy,
2 - Depending on where you land the film has
been called a thriller, a fantasy, psychological
thriller, drama ,sci-fi. It is none of 
these things..
3 - I really feel that this film resonates strongly
with those that are spiritual, metaphysical, etc
as practically every scene is rich with 
metaphoric deeper meanings and messages 
Using my new Pinewoods Rating System
I give the ole Vanilla Sky a long and
loyal Three & A Half Pinewoods.
THE HORROR!!