SPIKE LEE TRIBUTE Begins! - mixed in with the other posts this weekend we're looking at some selected films from this amazing and now legendary director, starting off with a couple of the obvious ones like "INSIDE MAN" (2006)....THE HORROR!!

"I've seen the future of cinema 
and his name is Spike Lee"
- John Pierson, indie film guru and producer
who invested and produced Spike's first few films.
This weekend I'm taking a look at some Spike Lee 
favorites, both new and old. I see both Inside Man
and 25th Hour as the two films much more in the
mainstream than his others, Hollywood formula
stuff if you will, but they still have the Spike Lee
stamp on them. I totally dig Inside Man but
agree with Roger Ebert's review below that
the script could have used another going 
over or two. Using my Palm Springs Rating
System, I give Inside Man Three Palm Trees.
HQ TRAILER
The Horror!!